Greenpeace and the Spratleys
Greenpeace and the Spratleys
11th May 2001 Reports that India has been doing some further nuclear tests in Bihar. The Delhi Times reported that some leakage occurred during these testings. A green peace ship was alerted by the situation and directed itself towards India. The Greenpeace ship was in Japan protesting Japanese plans to develop a breeder reactor.
12th May 2001 the Green Ship was passing the Spratleys in international waters when suddenly it was sunk by a missile (the Spratlies are oil rich islands that are claimed by China, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Philippines, and Malaysia). The Green Peace ship had French, American, German, and British specialized teams on board.
13th May 2001 further reports that ASEAN, represented by Singapore, as well as France, the U.S.A, Germany. The U.K and Greenpeace blame China for this catastrophe, and of course China is saying that they are innocent.
14th May 2001 On the other hand, not forgetting that there is also a crises happening in India, Greenpeace sent a ship to India, The ship left from Germany and carried specialized teams from France, the U.K, the U.S, and Germany.
24th May 2001 The ship asked for the authorization from India to enter Indian water, but the Indian government refuses saying that if the ship goes more than one mile within the border the ship will be destroyed.
The Treaty of the Spratleys(Also in the ECOSOC Chair's Report)
Signed on the date of 24th May 24th May 2001
In the United Nations ECOSOC
Between the nations and organization of:
2. Countries of ASEAN
We, the nations listed above agree to the following points:
1. China will provide Green Peace with two ships that are currently operating successfully.
2. China will pay the families of the victims of the incident their salaries for the next 25 years that they would have received if they had remained alive.
3. China will pay each family an emotional fee of $1500 USD per victim.
4. China will submit a formal and public apology to Green Peace, countries of ASEAN, U.S.A, U.K. and France.
5. China will also submit a detailed and valid explanation of it’s motives for firing a missile at the Green Peace ship.
6. In return, the above nations and organizations will accept China’s apology and cancel their lawsuits against it in the International Court of Justice.
All points above are considered to be in effect after ratification by ALL of the countries listed in this treaty. Attested:
1.Ambassador of Green Peace
2. Ambassador of Singapore, representing ASEAN
3. Ambassador of China
4. Ambassador of USA
5. Ambassador of UK
6. Ambassador of France
ECOSOC ChairsSecretary General
The Treaty of Indo-Green PACT
Signed on the date of 24th May 2001
In the Untied Nations ECOSOC
Between the nations of:
We, the nations listed above agree to the following points
All the above are considered to be in effect after ratification by ALL of the countries in this treaty. Attested:
Ambassador of Green Peace
Ambassador of India
ECOSOC Chairs& Secretary General